Gabbi

Gabbi
Gabbi

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Gluten Symptoms

Gluten affects us all in different ways. For me personally, hives are the most troubling symptom. I don't really get any of the stomach problems that many celiacs experience. Instead, I break out in hives. In addition to that, I usually get stiff joints, numbness in my hands, brain fog, and headaches. I also get crabby with everyone, probably because I'm so uncomfortable. People wonder why I'm so picky about what I eat! Who would want to do something to usher in symptoms like this? Still, the hives are the worst. I have had such terrible attacks that I seriously thought I would go crazy.

In addition, I've gained weight. Now, I'm working to lose it. Every time I get glutened, I retain a ton of water, and literally gain about 5 pounds in a day or so. This can be so discouraging. I've decided to stop eating most grains, and cut way back on carbs and sugar. I truly think this will really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment